Site Network: Home | About



Satellite Radio Merger

The Good News:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. and XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. said Monday the companies plan to offer a la carte plans to consumers starting at $6.99 for 50 channels.

The Bad News:

A la carte programming will be available beginning within one year following the merger, and the other programming options will be available beginning within six months following the merger.
.............................................

So when is this one year? I vowed that I would never subscribe to satellite radio for $13 a month although I really like it. I always said if it was $5 I would do it. With it being $7 and you get to pick your channels, I much more interested. While playing with XM, I only found a handful of stations I was interested in, same goes for Sirius. I could easily put together 50 stations and if they sell additional ones for a quarter then I am that much closer to signing up. Most likely be late 2008 before this will be available. I guess I could start putting away $7 a month now so when it does happen I will be ready.

Posted by mardenhill 7/23/2007 01:12:00 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    *sigh* Good for them, bad for us.

Post a Comment