Site Network: Home | About



Recap Of Our Vacation

Well our trip started off with a bang, we flew Northwest who was in the middle of a labor dispute. Luckily we had a crew for our flight and made our way onto the plane. From there we sat for over an hour due to inclement weather, i.e. it was storming and lightning while we were sitting in a big sardine can. We finally made it to Baltimore where we picked up our rental. I got the car thru a great deal with my MBNA worldperks card and had to book a small suv to get the price. I figured I would negotiate when I made it to the counter to get a smaller car but they wanted to charge me. I was willing to take a 4 door car instead but they said no. So I was stuck with a Chevy Equinox which wasn't that bad of a vehicle. It did have XM which I listened to Fred, Ethel, Lucy and a couple other stations non stop the whole time. I did hate parking the beast of a car and how much gas it sucked up. I was glad to turn it back in and go back to my focus.

So we left Baltimore and headed towards Philly which took forever due to construction. We hit 5 different zones within 100 miles, it was crazy. Philly was fun tho, we saw Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and Reading Market. It was 91 degrees and humid so our walking around the city was cut a bit short. We did find a really cool restaurant by the name of Swanky Bubbles. It was a sushi and champagne bar where we had an excellent meal. The next morning it was pouring rain so we skipped the last couple places in Philly and headed south towards the beaches in Delaware.

Our hotel was in Lewes and the wedding in Primehook Beach which was about 25 minutes north. We were only 5 miles from Rehobeth Beach but at times took almost 30 minutes to get to due to traffic. There is a huge boardwalk with food, games and carnie rides. The wedding was amazing since it was at the house and ceremony on the beach. We had excellent weather along with food and alcohol all nite. One of the highlights was the bottle of Pol Roger Cuvée Sir Winston Churchill 1996 we broke open. It was an amazing champagne and we did a taste test against the Pol Roger Brut Réserve Non-Vintage. Hands down the 1996 blew it away but it was fun to taste the different levels. We also ate lots and I mean lots of Maryland crab all weekend. I thought I would be crabbed out but I am ready for another round. I will post a few pics later today once I get all the photos copied to my computer.



http://www.swankybubbles.com/

http://www.polroger.co.uk/champagne.php?name=cuvee_churchill

http://www.jerrys-seafood.com/index.htm

I had the 6oz Firecracker crab bomb, all seasoned lump meat and good to the last bite. I could eat one of those at least once a week for the rest of my life.......

Posted by mardenhill 7/03/2007 09:21:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment