Site Network: Home | About



The Police 2007

Last nite I saw the Police on their reunion tour and it was amazing. For starters I scored presale tickets which were expensive. That coming weekend they went on sale and the greedy side of me decided to buy some cheap seats and make money off the good ones. Well it was a novel idea until reality set in and I was stuck with 4 tickets with 3 days to go. I tried Stubhub, Craigslist, Kijiji and finally eBay where I sold 1 set. Unfortunately I sold the cheap set of seats and in the end had the good ones still. Erika had class and couldn't go and I was scrambling to find someone. I almost had them sold at 1pm yesterday but the deal fell thru and my buddy Jay ended up taking the ticket. My plan was to sell these seats and take the extra ticket my friend Ryan had which ended up going to Chris. Pretty funny that I had 4 tickets and almost went on another. Oh well it all worked out and I got to see the Police. Moral of the story, never buy extras in hope of making a profit because it never works.....

By the time Chris got off work and we made it to the Palace all the parking was gone. I had to illegally park my car, which was fine since everywhere else people were doing the same thing. This is one of the reasons I love the Focus, it fits just about anywhere. There is a dumpster on the other side of my vehicle.
All the t-shirts were retro in design with recycled images from the 70/80s. They were too expensive so I settled for a collection of 5 pins for $10.
Yeah I know the photo sucks but my phone was all I had.
The Police started the show off with "Synchronicity" and kept the energy going for nearly 2 hrs. They played pretty much everything you would want to hear, "Walking In Your Footsteps", "Every Breathe You Take", "King Of Pain", "Wrapped Around Your Finger", "Roxanne", "Can't Stand Losing You", "Message In A Bottle", "Don't Stand So Close To Me", "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic", De Do Do Do...", "Invisible Sun" were just some of them. They also played some very old ones that I forgot about. They didn't play "Spirits In The Material World" which I wanted to hear but oh well they played enough others to satisfy. The show reminded me of the Greatful Dead, not with a bunch of dirty hippies hocking grilled cheese but in song structure. They played with some of the arrangements, mixed it up and added jam sessions in the middle of ones.

Posted by mardenhill 7/18/2007 10:15:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment