Site Network: Home | About



Why I Hate Sears

Once the patio was finished we needed lounge chairs and the quest began. We checked Home Depot, Lowes, English Gardens, Target, Crate & Barrel and finally Sears. We found chairs that were very cool but over $300 a piece and everything below $200 was very uncomfortable and cheap. Friday nite after work I went to Sears and found the perfect lounger but they only had 1 in stock. I bought it but had to wait until Saturday to pick it up since it wouldn't fit in the back of my Ford Focus ZX3. I debated about strapping it down to my roof rack, I have done this before with a bed frame but waited since I wasn't sure I would be able to find a match. I spent over an hour that night calling 7 different stores plus the catalog number and all came up short. Either they didn't have the chair or they had no clue what I was talking about. Something about typing in an 8 digit number into a computer seemed to be too much for some of the stores. It amazed me how inept some of these people were and it blew me away that Sears does not link their stores inventories.

Finally Saturday morning I called the Novi store and they had one. I told them to put my name on it and I would be by in a few hours. I show up go to the counter and tell the guy that I have a chair on hold but I havn't paid for it. He sent me over to the customer service pickup where I told him I would need a receipt but he said don't worry they will find it for you. I went over and spoke the guy who just looked at me like I was some crazy fool and sent me back to the counter. I go back and the same guy was there. I asked him to go look in the back to see if my box is there. He did so, came back and said no. I told him there is one in stock so he looked it up and said "why yes there is, let me go see if I can find it". 5 minutes later he is back and said "would you like it". Um yeah, its why I am here, why I spent 20 minutes trying to get the box that should have had my name on it. Why he didn't see the box the 1st time, I have no clue he had the number in his hand and somehow missed it.

So the moral of the story is: If you put something on hold at Sears pretend you are a new customer and just go buy it, your name will not be on the box even if they told you it would.

Posted by mardenhill 6/17/2007 09:26:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment