Site Network: Home | About



iPod Scare


I had an iPod scare this weekend and thought I may be shelling out some bucks for a new one. For the last few weeks my iPod always reverts back to the select language when I power it on. I thought this was strange but it was still playing so I left it at that. I wanted to add a few new songs yesterday and everything came crashing down. The iPod would detect on the mac but stated it was corrupt and needed to be restored. It took me hours to program the best selection of music but if it was needed to save my player I would do it. Needless to say many restores later I was still stuck with a broken iPod. I checked some forums and found out others were experiencing the same problem. Apple didn't test the 4th gen iPods very well with the latest firmware updates since these are the ones blowing up. The fixes were to roll back to iTunes version 6 or sync to a pc. I decided to try the pc route and grabbed my laptop. It was looking promising but then crashed again. A couple restores later on the pc and my iPod was alive. I hate having to sync my iPod on the pc since my external hard drive is mac formatted and contains my music. I have to pull it thru a share which will slow down the copying time but if it works then I will do it. I just want my iPod to hold out til the end of the year when I am hoping Apple updates the latest player. Now I will have to endure all the heckling of using my pc for my iPod since I have been carrying Apple's water for years. Oh well, you do what you gotta do.....

Posted by mardenhill 6/17/2007 10:34:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment