Site Network: Home | About



Transformers

I was a little leery when I heard there was going to be a live action Transformers movie and had no plans on seeing it. After watching the previews I'm onboard and can't wait. As a kid my favorite toys were Transformers, Star Wars, GI Joe and Mask and I still have a number of them packed away in boxes. I was a nerd with my Transformers tho, I would keep the box and put them back in it when done playing. I always liked all the cool stuff included on the box which is why I held onto them.

I never associated the Transformers with a car brand but nowdays everything needs a sponsor. With that in mind, Chevy has taken on the promotion of the movie and you can build your own Autobot via their website. Since the cartoon took place in the US, it would have to be a US car maker and that leaves GM, Ford and DaimlerChrysler. Personally I would have rather seen DCX sponsor the movie but I work for one of their suppliers so I am rather biased. I think Chevy's cars suck and are boring whereas DCX have cool designs and cars like the Caliber, Nitro and Patriot are more inline with the idea of a transformer. If you want lame 80s design to match the cartoon well Chevy is your company.

On the Chevy game you had 7 vehicles to choose from for your Autobot and I chose the Impala. My Autobot's name is Mardimous Prime and I am one badass robot.

http://www.chevrolet.com/

Posted by mardenhill 5/01/2007 01:42:00 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. kathyj said...
    dork.

Post a Comment