Site Network: Home | About



Almost Ready

The first Dino Jr. cd in 10 years and the first since '88 with the original lineup. Dino Jr will drop "Beyond" on May 1st and I for one can't wait. We can thank pitchfork for posting the 1st single "Almost Ready" on their forkcast page. You can download the song by clicking on the link. Its classic Dino with loud crunchy guitars, feedback and swirling melodies. The guitar work is amazing, its as if no time has passed. Vocals sound great, J Mascis isn't straining to perform and its 1990 all over again. I think this cd will give us some classic songs that can stand up to the likes of "Freakscene" and "The Wagon". Dino Jr will be doing another tour with this release and I will definitely check this one out. I missed their reunion tour but with some new music to play its a must see.

Posted by mardenhill 2/15/2007 09:35:00 AM  

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Guitar playing is basic chords with too much noise. With that much time off you would think they had time to learn how to play guitar and then come out with a CD to impress. Unfortunately I am very upset with what I heard as I have been a log time fan. I will not sure if I will attend a concert as I am still undecided on that.
    Anonymous said...
    Wow, are you crazy? J has always been considered a guitar god in indie circles -- how can you comment negatively on his playing? Too much noise? Have you ever been a fan?

    I think this is classic Dino Jr, this song makes me cry it's so vintage (in a great way).

Post a Comment