Site Network: Home | About



Van Halen Reunion


Van Halen reunites with David Lee Roth

Rockers set for 40-date tour

Van Halen have reunited with original frontman David Lee Roth for the first time in 20 years. The band are set to announce details of a 40-date tour this summer, reports Billboard. The reunited group will feature Eddie Van Halen's son Wolfgang on bass, replacing original bassist Michael Anthony, plus drummer Alex Van Halen. Speaking last May, when asked about a reunion Roth said: "I see it absolutely as an inevitability. To me, it's not rocket surgery. It's very simple to put together. And as far as hurt feelings and water under the dam, like what's-her-name says to what's-her-name at the end of the movie 'Chicago'- 'So what? It's showbiz!' So I definitely see it happening." The band last toured in 2004 with Sammy Hagar as frontman. However, Hagar refused to collaborate with Eddie Van Halen and Alex Van Halen after the tour's completion. He said: "I don't get along with Eddie anymore, and that's all there is to it." Dates have yet to be confirmed.
..............................................
We saw David Lee Roth at the Michigan State Fair a few years ago and it was a disaster, I can just imagine how this one will sound. Van Halen are washed up hasbeens and the idea of a reunion just makes me laugh. No doubt they will sell out, there are plenty of fans but I am afraid that DLR will disappoint.

Posted by mardenhill 1/25/2007 01:27:00 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. chez bez said...
    I shudder at the thought. I wonder what Michael Anthony thinks about it. His absence speaks volumes maybe?

Post a Comment