Site Network: Home | About



Temptation Zin

Its not Temptation Zin, its Temptation crap. I was in a cool wine store the other day and they had this out on special for $9. I was a bit leary but decided to give it a shot. Never again will I fall for a snazzy promotion, no more display wines for me.

The story behind Temptation Zin is that it comes from a trio of Zins by Alexander Valley Vineyards. They have 3 levels of Zin, the first is the Temptation Zin, a soft and fruitier style to get people interested. The next level is Sin Zin which retails for around $18-$20. This Zin is very good, lots of spice, fruit and flavor. Finally they cap it all of with Redemption Zin, the counterpoint to the Sin Zin. Price wise they are the same but have a few different characteristics. I haven't tried the Redemption but plan on since the Sin Zin is very good.

The Temptation was weak, it had not body, little spice and was too fruity/candy for my taste. For around the same price you can pickup a bottle of Rancho Zabaco, Cline or Ravenswood all great entry level Zins. Maybe I expect more from a Zin than some but my recommendation is to stay away from this one.

http://www.avvwine.com/scripts/display_product.php?product_id=29

Posted by mardenhill 1/19/2007 09:10:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment