Site Network: Home | About



Reissue and New Stuff

Stereophonics to reissue debut album

Plus their new LP is on the way
Stereophonics are set to reissue their debut album 'Word Gets Around' on its' ten year anniversary. The double disc set will contain with original album plus a bonus disc of B-sides and a "punk" version of the track 'She Takes Her Clothes Off'.
Jones said of the record, due out later this year: "In a nutshell - people love this new record. The word is - it's probably our best yet, and I have to admit I fuckin agree ha ha - it's having it!!
........................................................
I have been following the Stereophonics since their inception and for the most part like everything they do. They did follow the typical musical progression by putting out a great 1st cd, following it up with a 2nd that was very similar and putting out a melodic 3rd one. After slowing down and getting lip from the critics, its time to change gears and show that you have grown as a musician and release your 4th cd as one that is genre bending. If this fails and fans don't respond, follow up with a balls out heavy record to get their attention. This was the Stereophonics musical journey and one taken by many bands. Each cd has its moments and some great songs but I was a bit disappointed with the last one. I felt that they were out of ideas and the only thing left to do was turn up the amps. The songs are great to sing along to but lyrically they are basic and too American sounding. I really hope they give up on being a US rock band and do what they do best. I have faith that Jones will pull thru and it will be in my top 20 for 2007. Please don't prove me wrong......

Posted by mardenhill 1/02/2007 10:49:00 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. Jenna said...
    Opening your blog to a picture of Kelly Jones just totally made my day. Thanks for that :)

Post a Comment