Site Network: Home | About



Editors Remixed


Editors to 'mix' it up
Band release download only remix EP


Editors, who are currently recording their second album in Ireland, have confirmed details of a new EP. Despite their recording duties, the group will release a selection of remixes based on tracks from debut album 'The Back Room'.

The 'Remix EP' is available exclusively to US iTunes users, and features remixes by producer Ghislain Porier (known for his work with Lady Sovereign), Sebastian (The Rapture and Annie), plus DJs Prince Language and P Nice.

The 'Remix EP' contains the following tracks:

'Camera' (Sebastian Remix)
'Munich' (Ghislain Porier Remix)
'All Sparks' (Prince Language Remix)
'Blood' (P Nice Remix)


Meanwhile, further Editors remixes which do not appear on the album by bands including Shy Child, Pase Rock and Rubber Bullets have surfaced around the web. Mixing things up even further, Editors US label FADER and AcidPlanet are giving fans the opportunity to remix the quartet's single 'Bullets'. Would-be mixers should send their submissions to Acidplanet.com by January 9. The best entries will feature on Editorsofficial.com.
..........................................

I am a fan of iTunes exclusives but when it comes to remixes I have been burned in the past. Another great band Interpol released an exclusive that turned out to be a waste of time. I love the Editors but they need to get back into the studio and stop messing around with remixes. They are my favorite band for covers as of late but I am hesitant to give them the remix honors. So far the 30 second previews on iTunes are not impressing me and I think I may save my $3.96.

Posted by mardenhill 12/12/2006 04:05:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment