Site Network: Home | About



Aussie Shiraz

My friend Chris bought me a bottle of 1999 d'Arenberg McLaren Vale Shiraz for my birthday and I decided it was time to give it a try. Upon opening, the flavors came out in full force and the smell of the wine filled the room. Colorwise, its dark and a bit rusty like a tawny port. With it being over 7 years old, the wine has developed into a more complex red with hints of chocolate, leather and spice. Its not high in alcohol but you can smell a bit and taste it on the end. This wine is very smooth tho, there are no harsh tannins and its all flavor. Aging did this wine well and I can see how people enjoy opening a bottle they have put away for years. Luckily for me, I didn't have to wait and the bottle was bought for me already aged. I have a few bottles from Napa I plan on saving for a few more years and I hope they turn out as good as this one has.

http://www.darenberg.com.au/default2.php

Posted by mardenhill 11/29/2006 08:33:00 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Dude, what about the cat wine??? Or did you drink that the next day?

Post a Comment