Site Network: Home | About



Time To Rake The Leaves

We have 3 trees in our yard, 2 in the back and 1 in the front. One of our trees has dropped all its leaves but the other 2 are still holding on. Our red maple holds them well into November and I am stuck out there raking when its 30 degrees. The last 2 weeks have been riddled with rain which has cut my yardwork down to zero. Today the sun is out and some of the leaves that have fallen are dried out. I am heading out in a few to start raking what I can and hope the wind keeps blowing to knock the rest down.

I also need to plant the rest of my bulbs today, I just received the remaining coneflowers from Michigan Bulb. I have planted about 100 bulbs so far this fall, lets hope they produce next year. I am at the point where I can't really dig anywhere in the back without tripping over a bulb. This is good news and also means I need to tear up more of the yard if I want more flowers.

I am not a fan of boring grass and a couple shrubs for landscaping, I would rather have things blooming from spring thru fall and deal with the weeding.

Posted by mardenhill 10/29/2006 11:20:00 AM  

1 Comment:

  1. Alcuin Bramerton said...
    Trees have their own agenda. The rhythms of humans do not overly concern them.

Post a Comment