Site Network: Home | About



Penny On The Track

Ben Kweller is just another lame indie rock kid trying to make a name for himself and he is driving me insane. He is on his 3rd record, entitled Ben Kweller and this 25 year old has come to a crossroad. He either needs to drop the youthful image and embrace adulthood or just fade away. On his new record, he plays all the instruments and tried to write grown up lyrics. You have plenty of piano based songs which make you think of Ben Folds. When the piano is not full force, you have blatent Beatles ripoffs and a bit of Fountain of Wayne pop art. I have tried to give his new cd a chance but its not working except for the song "Penny On The Track". Its addictive and gets stuck in your head which at that point you are doomed. The intro is like crack and grabs you within the first 10 seconds. The drums and guitar pick up and by 30 seconds Ben starts with his singing. Its a beautifully crafted pop song, and damn him for making me like it. Happy feat, knee slapping and head bobbing are uncontrollable and you hate yourself. I have just listened to it 3x now while typing this posting and if I could strangle the guy I would. If you have never heard the song, stay away because you will become hooked and its all over. Because I am an evil person and want everyone to suffer the same fate, I have included a link to his myspace page where you can listen.

http://www.myspace.com/benkweller

Posted by mardenhill 10/29/2006 09:14:00 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. Will said...
    haha he got you...you'll be singing it for weeks

Post a Comment