Site Network: Home | About



Now This Is Cool.......

Check out this coffee maker, besides brewing the lifeblood of the gods it also gives you a daily weather report. It doesn't need internet connectivity, it uses FM band to update you. Besides weather, it also grinds your beans for the perfect morning pot. The downside of it all is the price. It comes in at $250, not sure how long it will stay at price or if stores will knock it down to $199. For those of you with a bit of disposable income, this baby will be available Nov 15th.


Update: DTU (aka. Kim & Matt) hosts of http://dead2us.blogspot.com/index.html
wonder why this would be useful. For starters, I have to grind my own beans and add water each night before I go to bed. It would eliminate the need to grind the beans beforehand and save me a few minutes of my life each day. Those few minutes could then be used to post more on my blog. See how it all works out. The 2nd reason why this would rock has to do with morning news. I refuse to watch ABC, NBC or CBS morning shows, they are just fodder for the masses and I need hardcore news. Instead I watch CNN and MSNBC to get my daily fix before listening to Air America or NPR in the car on my way to work. Cable news gives weather reports but Detroit is never lucky enough so its a crap shoot when it comes to our local forcast. And the 3rd reason, I took a meteorology class in college so my local climate is interesting to me.

Posted by mardenhill 9/15/2006 12:50:00 PM  

2 Comments:

  1. Matt said...
    So, why would this be useful? I guess it would help you decide whether to have your coffee hot or iced. But that's pretty decadent.
    Shay said...
    also, these pots that grind the beans for you- not such a great deal. My aunt and uncle have one, it gets really dirty and it is a bitch to clean. Kim of DTU would hate that.

Post a Comment