Site Network: Home | About



Favorite Band Name

My new favorite band name is "I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness". Although its a mouthful, there is so much you can pull from a name like that. Before listening to them I automatically assumed they were some crap industrial/metal band full of piercings, black hair and a vampire fetish. Thanks to my friend Denise, she got me to listen and I love them. If you are a fan of Interpol and The Editors, you will appreciate these guys. There are lots of layered guitars, building cresendos, hovering vocals over jangled beats and enough self doubt to fill the room. The vocals don't cut as deep as Interpol but they do blend well with the wall of sound created here. I Love You's.... debut cd "Fear Is On Our Side" is a definite for any music collection. Its amazing music coming from the Lone Star State.

My official favorite band name is "My Chemical Romance" musically they suck but the name is great. I was disappointed to actually hear them, such a creative name being wasted. Very few bands these days can come up with something that doesn't start with "The" and this was one of them. Maybe we can start an online petition to get them to give up their name for the sake of rock n roll......

Update:
I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness and She Wants Revenge are playing St Andrews in Detroit Sept 13th. This might be a show I will have to check out. The She Wants Revenge cd is pretty cool, there are some great songs but not enough to get me to see just them. With Chosen Darkness, it might be enough to get me to go....

Posted by mardenhill 8/11/2006 07:22:00 PM  

2 Comments:

  1. Will said...
    I very rarely hear any good band names anymore.

    I think the 80's probably threw up the best names.

    The Teardrop Explodes
    Theatre Of Hate
    Dexy's Midnight Runners
    St. Etienne
    Cabaret Voltaire
    etc, etc
    Anonymous said...
    What about your most favorite band name thay you, Randy, will never forget...."They Shoot Horses Don't They"

Post a Comment