Site Network: Home | About



Chateau Perron Graves


I could not find a website or any picture on the internet of the bottle so I had to resort to my camera phone. I opened this wine last nite and I could nto wait to blog about it. Its a white bordeaux from the Graves appellation. The wine is a 2003 from Chateau Perron and being a bordeaux is a blend of Semillion, Sauvignon and Muscadelle grapes. Most people think of reds from this region but the whites should not be overlooked. Its the perfect blend, not too toasty or acidic. The nose has hints of pear and citris and it has a nice lingering finish. I got the bottle from Simply Wine in Birmingham and it retails for about $13 a bottle.

I said in a previous post that 2003 were a bit green but that doesn't mean they are bad. These wines should be bought in both red and white and stored away. 2003 was the year of the heatwave in France that killed thousands. This was bad for the people but great for the grapes. Give the 2003 reds a couple years and they will be up there with the 2000s which I have a couple bottles left of. The whites are not meant to age too long so enjoy them now or next summer. I have a couple of 2003 reds that I plan on holding onto and will open one next year to see how it has progressed. You don't need to go out and buy $30 bottles, there are plenty between $10 and $25 that you can pick up. Ed at Simply Wine has a great selection go visit him.

Posted by mardenhill 6/10/2006 10:59:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment