Site Network: Home | About



M. Lawrence Sparklings

Another good MI wine comes from the L. Mawby vineyards up in LeeLanau Peninsula. They specialize in sparklings and have 2 distinct brands, L. Mawby and M. Lawrence. I have had 2 from the M. Lawrence labe, Sex the brut rose and Fizz a demi sec. Both are amazing sparklings for the price, you are looking at about $12-$14 depending where u buy them and both are made with pinot noir and chardonnay grapes. The sex has a red hue to it and is a bit on the sweeter side. The demi sec also is on the sweeter side but is the traditional golden color. There is also the US and Sandpiper blends which are bruts and extra drys, I havn't tried them but would like to. At the wine tasting last year I had another MI sparkling that I had to pour out because it was so bad and they were charging $30 a bottle. This stuff is better and since they only do sparklings they can focus on quality. I have a bottle of the Blanc de Blanc under the L. Mawby label but havn't opened it, after having the Fizz this weekend, I am interested in tasting it. This is one vineyard I want to check out this summer, we had a great time at Domaine Chandon a couple years ago in Napa and I think this will be almost as good.

http://www.lmawby.com/buy/wines.asp

Posted by mardenhill 1/23/2006 10:40:00 AM  

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Dude, seriously, where is the review of the Chien Fou? (Again that is Mad Dog for the Francophobes!) I hear you have a rare vintage Boone's Farm. And, what of that holiday Riesling that I got you?

    Heard of any of these?

    http://www.leavenworth.org/activities/wine/wine.html

    S.
    Anonymous said...
    I hope you are storing that Boone's at the proper conditions. I didn't go all the way to Meijer to find turquoise wine, just to have you ruin it.
    Anonymous said...
    Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »
    Anonymous said...
    This is very interesting site... Erotic story for mature women China modafinil

Post a Comment