Site Network: Home | About



The Strokes - First Impressions

The Strokes - First Impressions On Earth.

Well the new Strokes cd is not much to look forward to, I am a bit bummed I was hoping for so much more. It starts off with "You Only Live Once" which is amazing song, classic Strokes but fresh. "Juicebox" is up next, the crunchy guitar riff track all over the radio which is starting to grow on me. "Heart On A Cage" is ok, it has a good head bobbin beat to it and catchy chorus. With "Razerblade" the cd takes a downturn, this song is not that good and this sets the tone for the rest of the cd. The next 6 songs are BORING, no catchy hooks, melodic and druggy sounding. Finally at track 12 "Ize of the World" it picks back up but this song isn't anything special and I am wondering why I am even writing about it. Track 13 sucks and finally "Red Light" track 14 ends the cd and not a moment too soon, if I had to keep listening I think I would have stuck a pen thru my eye to kill the pain. So the Strokes came onto the scene with one of the best debut cds ever and blew it with their 2nd. The indie rock community gave them a pass since it was just a rehash of the debut and the Strokes were still "Hip". This will sink them, its boring and not fun at all, the energy is gone and their music is too thin to hold on with this tempo. Sorry guys you had your chance but you blew it.....

Posted by mardenhill 12/23/2005 01:10:00 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    You have to understand that the Strokes suck and that they are not like an Iron Maiden, a band that continues to produce awesome music.

Post a Comment