Site Network: Home | About



Detroit

Here are some new pics of Detroit landmarks, to the left is the City Hall that I have been waiting for over a year to take a picture of. They had scaffolding up around the tower doing repairs and I didn't think it would look good on the wall. With the help of Photoshop and lens correction, I was able to cleanup the pictures. It was had to get straight pictures but with the magic of lens correction, I was able to straighten up the angles and make it look like a better picture. The 2nd picture is the old GM headquarters over in the New Center. This one only needed a bit of touchup and the sepia turned out amazing. I added about 8 more photos to our livingroom, besides these two, I have some sculptures, the DIA and the Fisher Bldg to name a few. I need to reprint the Compuware building, the one I have was when they were 3/4s of the way done and now I have a better one with the fountain and Campus Maritus park. If you havn't been inside Compuware you need to check it out, they have a water sculpture that flows from the ceiling, its really amazing.


One little factoid about the old GM headquarters, every office has a window so no one can complain about not having a view. I think its a great building and I hope it doesn't go the way of the train station, I would hate to lose this one.

The key to taking these pictures is to go downtown on a Sunday morning, no one is around and you can get some great ones. I will probably update a few of them next year when the city will look a bit better.

Posted by mardenhill 12/04/2005 07:45:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment