Site Network: Home | About



Napa, Sushi and the Fog


Today was a good day, I got up and headed over to Napa Valley crossing over the Golden Gate bridge. It was pretty foggy but then after you cross, its all sunny. I hit a few good vineyards, I picked up a viognier from Goosecross, the amazing zinfandel port from Rutherford Hills and a zinfandel and moscato from Nichelini which was way up in the mountains. This vineyard was recommended by Ed from Simply Wine and it was excellent, great spicy zins and full bodied petit sirah. It was about a 20 minute drive off Silverado Trail but it was worth it, the view was beautiful and only a handful of people up at the tasting.

I stopped at Mustard's Grill for lunch and had the lemon chicken with mashed potatoes which was the same thing I had a year ago and couldn't wait to have again. I came back into the city and for dinner checked out a sushi bar recommended by a waiter at another restaurant. The sushi was the best I had every had and the price was pretty reasonable.

Posted by mardenhill 8/28/2005 12:44:00 AM  

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Bank surveillance tape suspect dallas tx march 2006 voice over ip Ge monogram refrigerator handles

Post a Comment