Site Network: Home | About



Bret Easton Ellis

One of my fav authors Bret Easton Ellis will be in town, well San Francisco next week for a book signing and reading. He will be around the block from my hotel at a Borders which is very cool. His new book is called Lunar Park, its part autobiography, part comedy and horror. Its full of satire and well its not an official auto bio, its more of a mockbio. I am still trying to understand what the book is really about, parts are authentic and others are fiction. Its more of what Bret is known for, blurring the lines between reality and fiction.

http://www.randomhouse.com/kvpa/eastonellis/

Bret has also written Less than Zero, Rules of Attraction, American Psycho and Glamorama.

My other fav author Douglas Coupland has a new book out, its a bio on a Canadian runner but I did find out that he just released a book this january called Elenore Rigby that I had no idea was out. He has a new one slated for next year entitled jPod, a mix of the japanese and current ipod culture crazy. As for what the book will be about, I have no clue but I wouldn't worry, Douglas doesn't disappoint.

http://www.coupland.com/books/index.html

Posted by mardenhill 8/29/2005 04:04:00 PM  

3 Comments:

  1. kathyj said...
    I read Eleanor Rigby a few months ago. It is pretty good... Kind of sad, but still hopeful. Check it out at the library when you get home.
    Anonymous said...
    Excellent, love it!
    » »
    Anonymous said...

Post a Comment