Site Network: Home | About



How To Get $500.00

Now this isn't fair, if Berkley came around and offered this, I would be all over it. Instead I just have half dead grass that I cut every week which gets me nothing. I'm conserving water in my own way, it may be the lazy way but its still conservation. I do water our garden and landscaping but leave the grass to fend for itself. We have had one of the hottest and dryest summers and having a green lawn is not a big priority of mine. I am convinced there is some strange weather pattern in the Berkley, Royal Oak area, we will get rain up in Troy but when you reach 14 mile road, the rain stops. It picks up again down in Ferndale or south of that, there is about a 5-7 mile stretch that just stays dry.

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. - Pulling up grass in Flagstaff could earn homeowners some greenbacks.

The city is offering a one-time $500 rebate to households that remove at least 1,500 square feet of grass and replace it with rock or hardy native plants that require little water.
The average homeowner uses about 72 gallons annually to water each square foot of grass, according to the Bureau of Reclamation.
Adam Miller, Flagstaff water conservation manager, expects up to 20 households a year to take advantage of the rebate.

Posted by mardenhill 8/10/2005 04:02:00 PM  

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »
    Anonymous said...
    Keep up the good work » »

Post a Comment