Site Network: Home | About



Podcasting, The Next Big Fad?

Well today marks the 1st day of podcasting for me, I have been reading about it for a while now but never actually got involved with it. Well I am glad that I did, its a lot of fun and you don't even need an ipod. Check out http://ipodder.sourceforge.net/index.php for a free podcast download that will give you access to thousands of casts. Think of podcasting as Tivo for the radio. Most major radio shows will record a podcast and post it for downloading. You can go from website to website looking for these or use ipodder and get it in one simple step. You can browse or manually type in the feed, add it to your subscription and it will update when new casts are posted. These in turn will download to your hard drive and link up in itunes. From here you can listen to them on your computer or transfer the files to your ipod, hence the podcasting name. I downloaded some political shows from air america and some wine podcasts which were interesting to listen to. I learned all about wine from Minnesota today, hey I had no idea there were vineyards there.

This is one more nail in the coffin for old school radio, between satellite, ipods, internet radio, there is no reason to listen to commerical radio anymore. I highly recommend checking out the link above or you can always wait for the next release of iTunes which is supposed to have podcasting built in. Remember, you don't want to be the last kid on the block not hip to the scene, get downloading and listening. Its all free, there's no excuse.

Posted by mardenhill 6/22/2005 05:12:00 PM  

3 Comments:

  1. Bill B. said...
    I agree, commercial radio is RIP thank god. I would rather listen to a cd Cleaner Disc over and over than switch to FM and hear some imbred hick in the morning laughing at his own jokes and moronic comments. Anyhow I'm new to the podcasting myself and from what I've seen so far very intersting.
    PS I found your blog doing a yahoo search for my own (is that cool or what?) and noticed you accidentally stumbled on mine once upon a time so I thought I'd say hey. Take care,
    Bill
    Anonymous said...
    Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »
    Anonymous said...

Post a Comment