Site Network: Home | About



Why I Love My iPod

This morning I was doing some yardwork and scrolled thru my ipod for something different to listen to. I came across Lush-Spooky and started listening. This took me back to the mid 90s during the reign of Brit Rock. The best part of the cd is that its part shoegazer and part rock. It has all the droning guitars, wall of sound and "lush" vocals that made them so good but they also interjected in a bit of rock to keep the cd from boring you out. Once you hear Miki's vocals, you will be in love again, she had the perfect voice for this, whispering enough but not too thin and weak like the Cocteau Twins and others from that era. Don't get me wrong, the Cocteau Twins are good but they are a different animal all together. Everyone loves Slowdive and for good reason but Miki's vocals blow away that chicks anyday.

So I decided to make a posting raving about Lush for all of you to read, I even put on Spooky while I was typing. Going back to Split, the song Hyprocrite will make you a fan if you have never heard of Lush, its rockin enough to get you interested and both Emma's and Miki's vocals will keep you listening. The whole cd bounces back and forth between wall of sound and melodies with perfection. On Spooky its traditional shoegazer style, depending on your mood may not get you to the best track "For Love" which is number 6. This song represents the best of the shoegazer style, good bass line with the jangling guitars and whispering vocals followed up with the wall of sound keyboards. A bit of pop to keep your head bobbing but a big enough sound to engulf you in a swirling haze.

Well gotta run, but if you get a chance pull out some Lush and take yourself back a decade to one of the best eras of music.

Posted by mardenhill 5/28/2005 10:50:00 AM  

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Anonymous said...

Post a Comment