Site Network: Home | About



eMusic.com Rocks The House!!!

Just got the new Heavy Trash and John Doe (X fame) cds from eMusic. The Heavy Trash is a side project for Jon Spencer and its chalkful of Country, Rockabilly and dirty Blues, but is a different style than his Blues Explosion which is nice. The other member of Heavy Trash is Matt Verta Ray who came up with the idea so its just not Jon's ego running wild on the record. I also got John Doe's latest "Forever Hasn't Happened Yet" which he works with Grant Lee Phillips, Kristen Hersh, Neko Case, Dave Alvin and Cindy Lee Berryhill. Havn't given it a listen yet but saw him live with Grant Lee last year and he was very good.

The Heavy Trash came out yesterday and eMusic didn't have it which bummed me out since the label its on eMusic has everything else. So this morning I logged on just to check and there it was. While I was there I saw the John Doe and decided to grab that one. I am now listening to it and its very good, more alt country than anything but lots of good duets. I only have 3 downloads left for the month so I need to figure out if there is another cd I want to start downloading and finish up next month.

Posted by mardenhill 4/20/2005 09:46:00 AM  

3 Comments:

  1. Mr. G. said...
    Hey Randy,
    Signed up on EMusic last night. What else should I download??
    Anonymous said...
    Anonymous said...
    Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! hp 3150 ink cartridges Plush truck floor mats Cheap rental car rates

Post a Comment