Site Network: Home | About



Come on, Come on

Not too much going on here, just listening to Woxy and the Von Bondies came on and and I was singing along and decided to make a post. I just got the new Sights cd this weekend, bought it off of iTunes and transferred it to my ipod. I listened to it while working outside in the yard and have to tell ya, its a great cd. Its more streamlined than the last one, more consistent with their sound. The singles "Circus" and "Just Got Robbed" are excellent and they have also included "Last Chance" from their previous cd. I am not sure if it has been re-recorded or given a complete overhaul, I only had one listen to it so I need to go back to figure it out. I'm tellin ya, the Sights will be breaking this summer and good for them. If you are going to buy any local music, pick this one up. While you're at it, grab the Brendan Benson if u havn't already, its another excellent choice.

I also got the National's - Alligator yesterday from emusic.com its very good and I will try to give it a quick review tomorrow after I give it another listen. Heavy Trash (Jon Spencer's new side project) comes out tomorrow on Yep Rock Records and I am hoping emusic will have it since they have a ton of other stuff from the label. I am saving my downloads just for that cd and I better not get screwed.

If you havn't given Moby's - Hotel a listen, try it out, I have decided that I really like it. I had it on last nite while reading before bed and there are some great songs on it. I could do without the "Beautiful" song, that one gets annoying but "Raining Again", "Lift Me Up" and "Slipping Away" are classic Moby. "Slipping Away" could easily have been a R.E.M. song, thats probably why I like so much.

oh and its a raining again
out on your car like bullets on tin
oh and its a raining again
open the door and you're pulling me in

oh and its a raining again, raining again...

Just singing along feel free to join in. This is the best song on the cd so check it out......

Posted by mardenhill 4/18/2005 02:29:00 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...

Post a Comment