Site Network: Home | About



The Hanging Garden

The Basement...

Thats the word of the day, well the last 2 days. I have been cleaning the basement, taking back recycling, clothes to Salvation Army and now back to the recycling center with old paint cans. I have also organized the workbench area and unpacked the shop vac. Ah yes, the shop vac, 1 of the 3 we got for our wedding, no duplicate toasters like normal people instead 3 shop vacs. Anyways it works great, i can't wait to go around cleaning the rest of the basement.

I also got a wine fridge for xmas which is really cool and have put that in the basement. I have it loaded with whites and some champagne, i think i will keep the reds out of it for now. The pseudo wine cellar stays cool so the reds all fine. This summer with the help of my mother-in-law be building built in shelves in the cellar for my wine.

I also got a new printer, the canon pixma i4000 so if u are in the market for a new printer i recommend this one. It has 5 ink cartridges, 1 for b&w printing and 4 for color printing. Plus the ink is about $12 a piece to replace which is much cheaper than other inks.

For those of you that are Ren & Stimpy fans, there is a DVD box set of their cartoons. I have to admit it is harder to watch than it was back in the 90s, i must be getting old. What I used to laugh at has become a bit gross. Oh well, its still fun to watch. Erika got the Fat Albert DVD box set which is very cool, its amazing how young Bill Cosby is in it.

I also got a travel speaker system for the ipod, check it out at the link below. You can find them on amazon.com and all over the internet for a good price. The sound is suprisingly good and is both battery and AC operated.
http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.asp?ProdId=ONTOUR&SerId=HMM&sCatId=

Current song on the ipod shuffle. "I'll do it anyways" by the Lemonheads with help from Juliana Hatfield. This is an excellent song and the Lemonheads are one of those bands you can go back to after not listening for years and pick right back up. You already know the words so just bob your head and sing along. I cannot think of anyone out right now that can write such catchy songs as Evan Dando.

Posted by mardenhill 12/29/2004 01:10:00 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

Post a Comment