Site Network: Home | About



Islands Of Adventure

I spent this past weekend in Orlando for work and let me tell ya, it was nice and warm down there, no ice to scrape off the car windows in the morning. But as a city Orlando kinda sucks, well the part that I was in. For 10 miles on the one expressway you have Disney, Universal Studios, Wet & Wild, Sea World and Holy Land. Yes I did say Holy Land, its an amusment park that is based on the Bible, check out the website below. Don't forget to add this to your list of places to see before you die.

http://www.theholylandexperience.com/

I had some free time on my 1st day and went to Universal Islands of Adventure which was fun but not too much to do. There were 3 rollercoasters and a couple other rides but when you have been spoiled by Cedar Point, no amusement park comes close. The Hulk rollercoaster was very good, probably the best thing in the park. The Jurassic Park ride is supposed to be cool but it was a waterride and I had my ipod with me and I didn't want that to get wet. The one thing I noticed was that they spend a ton of money on the lines before you reach the ride, there are castles and elaborate things you walk thru to keep you entertained.

If you havn't tuned back into WOXY, its back on the internet again. Check out www.woxy.com and stream away. It is a lot like KEXP from Seattle if you are familiar with that station but is commercial. The only bad thing about WOXY is that they play this godawful band called Forget Cassettes which are from Cincinatti where WOXY is. Other than that you will hear tons of great music.

Posted by mardenhill 11/15/2004 09:02:00 AM  

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Anonymous said...
    Enjoyed a lot! » »

Post a Comment