Site Network: Home | About



Going To Town

Well its Friday, the day after Thanksgiving when everyone is up shopping. I am staying behind while the ladies are out, I cannot stand the crowds. This year, stores were opening at 5:30am, whats going to happen next year? That is getting to crazy for me, if you check out drudgereport they have an article about people standing outside walmart waiting for it to open. Give me the internet and I will do my shopping from the convenience of my home.

If you are a fan of the flaming lips, the thrills, grandaddy, beachwood sparks and yes even beluah you should check out the new dios cd. Actually, Ronnie James Dio threated a lawsuit so the band changed the name to dios malos. I have to thank my friend Denise who told me about them. Their debut cd came out in march of 04 and is a great summer record. Lots of arctile and reviews compare it to the beach boys but not like the way the thrills copied them. If you took the sunshine pop and mixed it with a little bit of electronic production you have dios. Its not the best cd of the year, I am still working on what that is but its good enough to check out. I need to get my list together, I should be getting an email from my friend Ted who compiles the best of each year. Btw, if u have signed up for www.emusic.com its listed and can be yours for $3.00.

Maybe this weekend I will gather up my best of and post it for all of you to enjoy. Please post comments or send me emails of your best of list so we can compare and see what everyone is listening to. If you email me a list I will post it.

If you are drawing a blank on what came out back in january check out this link and it should help you a bit.


http://rapids.canoe.ca/cgi-bin/jmr/mon_release/JAN-2004

Posted by mardenhill 11/26/2004 09:44:00 AM  

2 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    I just thought you might like to know that your blog has been selected as the blog of the day. You can view the link at http://deannasjourney.blogspot.com
    Anonymous said...
    Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

Post a Comment