Site Network: Home | About



Wine Store Sale

The wine store in Royal Oak on Main St, Merchants Warehouse I belive is going out of business. So if you are close to the area, you should check it out. All wine is 30% off but its getting to be slim pickings right now. I loaded up earlier this week on tons of great stuff for cheap. Well not cheap since I spent more than I planned on but when compared to full price it was a steal. I talked to one of the guys that works there who by the way used to be my old neighbor in my apartment in Royal Oak. Anyways, he said they are going to build sky lofts on that property, I imagine the movie theatre will still be there but who knows they may take that whole stretch of property out. In two years they hope to move back into the sky loft stores but that is not in stone. In the meantime they still have 2 more stores, one on Grosse Pointe and the other in Dearborn. I am pretty bummed about this, the store was only 2 miles from my house and they had a great selection. A little wine shopping tip, check Costco, they have excellent prices on wine. They don't always have a great selection and they vary from store to store but if you find what u want, its at least $3-$6 cheaper than anywhere else. The Costco on Telegraph up in Bloomfield Hills rocks for wine selection while the one in Madison Heights is just ok.

Just a reminder about the Detroit Uncorked next friday, Erika and I are going and anyone else who is interested let me know. I talked to them and the dress code is Business Casual and there will be tons of appetisers. There will be about 800 different wines to sample and also a silent auction.

Posted by mardenhill 9/22/2004 09:27:00 AM  

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Anonymous said...
    I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

Post a Comment