Site Network: Home | About



Legal MP3s for Cheap!!!!!

OK, I think I have found a solution for those of you who want to support artists but not pay .99c a song on iTunes. eMusic has relaunched their website for a pay service and after some research it is looking very promising. Here's the scoop, for $10 you get 40 downloads a month, for $15 you get 65 and for $20 you get 90. If you reach your limit you cannot download until the next month when your acct is reset. There is no DRM (digital rights management) on the tracks so they are yours to do what you want with them. I did the math and each track comes out to about .25c and a 12 song cd would be $3. Cheaper mp3s and no restrictions, this is great but eMusic does not have the library that iTunes has. I have been going thru their catalog and there are some great releases but most of it is older stuff. I think its a good way to replace your old tapes on mp3, I have already found some stuff but they do not have everything I want.

Do some searching on their catalog before signing up, that way you know what you are getting yourself into. I think this one is a keeper, and you get 50 free tracks for signing up so I will be doing so. Just think, if this can do well then maybe it can force iTunes to lower their price. Ok, maybe not, but its worth a shot. I don't think this will be a way to get some new releases unless they are from pretentious indie rockers who havn't moved onto the majors but the hidden jems are present.

www.emusic.com

Posted by mardenhill 9/25/2004 10:16:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment