Site Network: Home | About



Latium Soave 2006

I went in blind with this wine, just took the bottle on recommendation from Scott at Cloverleaf. The producer is Latium, the region is Soave, the grape is Garganega and all is located in the north east area of Veneto, Italy. I am pretty clueless about Italian wines, they are my weak spot and every year I challenge myself to learn more about them. I promise I will sample more this year and keep you updated.

This wine is unique in that it's a white made from an unheard of grape. According to Wikipedia Garganega is Italy's 6th most planted white grape meaning that most people outside of Italy will know very little about it. The nose on the wine is nice but I'm not picking up a lot in regards to smells although it may be due to my constant stuffiness. The flavor is nice, there are hints of citrus with low acid and is quite creamy. There is no oak like a chard and has bits of a Gwertzaminer or Gavi. It's a short finish with a just a sliver of alcohol. Not complex but not bad for $10 either. Don't be expecting a dynamite wine here just enjoy it on a nice summer afternoon.

Would I buy again, maybe but I would rather sample a few more obscure Italian whites before circling back.

Posted by mardenhill 4/06/2009 09:42:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment