Site Network: Home | About



Castelo do Papa Godello 2006

Just opened a bottle of Castelo do Papa Godello 2006 another Spanish white wine. The Godello grape is native to Galicia and over the last few years been planted in the Valdeorras DO. Wasn't pulling a ton off the nose but the taste was amazing. There is a nice acidity that hits you at the corners of your throat while the fresh and clean citrus flavors dance around your tongue. Lots of pineapple and pear and you must not be afraid of the acid otherwise this will will overwhelm you. This wine is thicker than I was expecting but its not rich and creamy. Its still clean and fresh and the finish goes on for days. No oak here just stainless steel fermentation and a 12.5% alcohol.

I have backed off the high acidic wines the last couple years but found myself back on them with my new love of Spanish whites. So far they are not killing me like Sauvignon Blancs have in the past so I will keep going until I need a break.

I couldn't find a website for the producer but you can check them out at the distributer's website.

http://www.oleimports.com/wines/ladera.htm

Posted by mardenhill 4/27/2009 09:37:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment