Site Network: Home | About



New Volvo V50









Here are some photos of my new Volvo V50 I just got this weekend. Right now I am still waiting on the roof rails which should be in next week. I love the car, it rides great, has lots of amazing features and above all its a Volvo. Its a 5 cylinder, 170 horsepower automatic with the option of manual shifting without a clutch. There is stability control and tons of airbags. I have 6 months of free Sirius radio which is really cool but we will see if I keep it. Besides the satellite radio there is bluetooth so you can pair your phone for handsfree, heated seats and power sunroof. I scored a great deal on it, I got the $1533 incentive, A Plan pricing, great trade in on my car, and additional savings. Right now there is a problem with the air conditioning, either I am really dumb and can't figure it out or its indeed broke. It continues to blow hot air even when you turn the air on and when you open the windows and sunroof it seems to intensify. I am taking it back tomorrow morning so they can figure out what it is. Hopefully its something minor and can be fixed quickly. It does bum me out but on the other hand I am used to things like this. My heat went out on my focus right after I bought it. I think I am just jinxed with new cars.

Posted by mardenhill 3/22/2009 06:18:00 PM  

5 Comments:

  1. Jenna said...
    Congrats on the new purchase! I like it! It looks cozy and safe. And sunroofs are just grand, I really miss the one I had in my golf. Good luck on fixing the AC!
    mardenhill said...
    thanks. i got the AC running today, something about some programming they forgot to do. i was a bit annoyed but i am still excited about the car so i really don't care much. i was given a volvo S80 to drive for the day and while it is a nice car it made me feel old and yuppie. the v50 is a hipster car if anyone asks.....

    i get the roof rails installed on thursday and most likely i will have the S80 again. maybe they can give me a different one, like the C30 the cool 2 door car or the new X60.
    Mr. G. said...
    Oh, I am super jealous - that is my dream car. Julia thinks I'm kind of a dork for wanting a Swedish station wagon but I really am a dork!
    Unknown said...
    “...and above all its a Volvo” - That's true! Just the name itself can tell how excellent the car is. This is why car manufacturers should invest on good products to build a reputation. The exterior of your car looks amazing and the rest I would not question it. Let's simply say, it's a Volvo. Great pick of model, by the way!

    Ashely Redden @Infinti of Ann Arbo
    Unknown said...
    This is definitely a good choice, but perhaps the trouble you encountered was just an easy fix. Consulting the manual would be the first thing to do. But if all else fails, rely on an expert. It would save you time, effort and would definitely avoid bigger problems.

    Arlyne Nelms @Spartan Toyota

Post a Comment