Site Network: Home | About



U2 Reinventing Rock'N'Roll?

Courtesy of NME.

Granted its only the producer but to claim that U2 reinvented Rock'N'Roll is a bit over the top. Unless U2 pulls out something on par with Achtung Baby then I don't see how this holds any water. The last few releases have been good, not great and are not even on my iPod. The only one is Achtung Baby and a few songs from Zooropa. This is the era of U2 that I love the best and would like to seem them return to in some form or another. I don't want them rehashing the same sound but I don't want them wussing out either and releasing a bunch of melodic ballads that all blend together. This has been the history of the last decade and I am quite bored of it. I will give them a chance but not holding my breathe. If they indeed release a solid record I will be here cheerleading it on......

http://www.nme.com/news/u2/41138

Posted by mardenhill 11/18/2008 07:24:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment