Site Network: Home | About



Volkl AC20

I was in need of new skis and this year I decided to get some. My old skis were 1998 Volkl Carvers which were amazing for the time. They were the first generation parabolic skis and for years I enjoyed skiing on them. Unfortunately 10 years later the technology and shapes have changed so much that it was time to invest in a new pair. I had demoed the Dynastar Legend 8000s last winter but was not able to find them for a decent price. I also didn't want to leave the Volkl family and when I found these at Boyne Country Sports I was sold. They are great all around skis, perfect for groomed runs, moguls, powder or ice. They have shock absorbers on top of the skis to help prevent some of the chatter that can occur. The curves are huge on these skis which will make for some easy turns and deep carves down the mountain. The big change for me will be the length, I purchased 163s and have never skied on something this short before. I have not doubt that I will be very happy with these and can't wait for the first snowfall.

I also bought new boots, I got a pair of Head Edge 8.5 (last seasons) which are very comfortable. My boots were even older than my skis so it was definitely time to upgrade. The bindings are much easier to latch and the fit is much nicer. My bindings are being mounted as we speak and should be ready in another week or so. Below is a description of the skis.

Manufacturer's Description of the Volkl Unlimited AC20:

"The AC20 is a completely new ski in the Unlimited series. This is an example of the new combination of the 3Motion system and new Power Grip construction. The AC20 has a new shape of 118-74-103mm. For true advanced skiers or those who are intermediates and want a ski that will perform well as their ability improves, the AC20 is a great choice."

http://www.volkl.com/ski/unlimited_ac20.html

Posted by mardenhill 9/06/2008 11:08:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment