Site Network: Home | About



Lucid Absinthe

Last year I wrote about a new Absinthe that had made its way to the States but as usual only in NYC and California. Well last weekend I decided to check the website again and low and behold it was available in MI. According to the website the closest location was in Ann Arbor so last week we made a trip out there to pick up a bottle. The store had 2 other brands of Absinthe available but all were at premium prices. After buying my bottle I checked Holiday Market in Royal Oak who had the Absinthe $10 cheaper than what I paid. Mind you its still expensive but it is also a bottle that you will not drink in one night. This Absinthe clocks in at 124 proof and contains all the botanicals and wormwood that were banned years ago. The ban was lifted after a scientist proved that the levels of wormwood could not and do not elicit hallucinations. You would have to drink a couple bottles to reach the level and by that time you would be dead. We haven't opened the bottle yet, I was going to wait for my birthday but that is still a month away and I don't think I can wait that long. Once I do I will post a review for all of you...

Posted by mardenhill 9/13/2008 12:31:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment