Site Network: Home | About



Dogfish Head - Punkin Ale

Well its that time of year again and if you do not know what I am talking about its Punkin Ale time. I was going back thru my posts and this is my 3rd Punkin Ale posting and the 3rd time I have used the same photo. Either I need to find a different photograph or Dogfish Head needs to change their website. Anyways, its the end of summer and beginning of fall which means pumpkin will be everywhere, in coffee, cakes, pie and beer. Yesterday was the beginning of the season for me, I took a trip over to Great Harvest where I had a pumpkin and chocolate chip muffin which was amazing. From there I stopped by Holiday Market to find out when the Punkin Ale would be out and low and behold it was sitting there right in front of me begging to be taken home.

The story doesn't end there and since we are still on the subject of Dogfish Head, I need to tell you about my crazy deal on the Festina Peache summer beer. This is Erika's favorite beer and last year we stocked up on a number of bottles at the end of the season courtesy of Holiday Market. This year I was able to pick up a case of Festina Peache for $39 which is a freakin steal. We are now well stocked for the winter and will be ready for more next summer. We also had some Festina Peache on tap over at the Berkley Front the other nite which is something everyone must try at least once in their lifetime.

Ok, my tangent is over and I am now back to the Punkin Ale. As usual it is a rich amber ale with hints of nutmeg, clove and other fall spices. It surpasses any pumpkin ale on the market and one I will drink for the next couple months.

http://www.dogfish.com/brewings/Seasonal_Beers/Punkin_Ale/3/index.htm

Posted by mardenhill 9/07/2008 10:38:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment