Site Network: Home | About



New Refrigerator

We bought a new fridge last weekend and today they are delivering it. We decided on a Maytag Stainless Steel French Doors/Freezer on the bottom model. There is filtered water but it is on the inside vs on the front of the door. That way we don't lose space and we also conserve more energy. I checked multiple fridges and the ones with the mount on the front used up more energy even if it was rated energy star.

Anyways, delivery should be interesting. Right now the main street 11 mile which is a block south of us is under construction and all torn up. There are trucks parked on the side of our house and just yesterday the city came back to tear up the section of new road between my neighbors house and mine that was just laid 2 years ago. The losers who did it were in a hurry since it was a Friday afternoon and it looked like rain. The road was wavy and since then water would pool after each rain and freeze in the winter. We complained for 2 years and finally after my neighbor sending an Anniversary card with a screw in it to the city, they decided to do something about it. So now I have half the street torn up in front of my house, construction a block south of me blocking that road and trucks on the side. I just hope the delivery truck doesn't turn around and head back home.

Update: I forgot to say we bought it from ABC Warehouse my favorite store for buying things since I get to haggle on price. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of room to move around on fridges but I was still able to counter and get him to lower his price. The key is to shop everywhere else and go into ABC last since you may need to be prepared to buy the item that day.

Posted by mardenhill 7/25/2008 08:29:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment