Site Network: Home | About



2005 Midnight Cellars - Estate Zinfandel

A few weeks ago I was at the Merchant's Wearhouse were I stumbled across this bottle of wine. I asked the guy how the bottle was but he didn't know since it was a customer's request who never came to pick up the wine. The customer's loss was my fortune since the wine originally sells for $29 a bottle. The store had it marked for $18.99 which wasn't bad and I decided to take a gamble.

The chance paid off since this is a great Zin, excellent flavor, body and finish. The nose is sweet but spicy upon taste. The body is full with a great balance of fruit and oak. The finish lingers on for days with the heat following all the way down your throat. At 15.9% this is a high alcohol Zin but well worth the taste. There are no candy flavors here and after breathing for about an hour this wine really opens up.

Unless I head back to the Merchant's Wearhouse I will probably never see this bottle again unless I special order it. The production is limited and none of my regulars carry this wine.

http://www.midnightcellars.com/index.html

Posted by mardenhill 7/18/2008 11:02:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment