Site Network: Home | About



And The Cup Is Back Home Once Again

Last nite the Detroit Red Wings beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-2 with another scary 30 second finish to win the Stanley Cup. The last minute was stressful, the puck was down in Wings territory and Osgood had to do his best to keep the puck out of the net. With seconds left Osgood goes down and is swiping the puck away and one last shot goes off behind him. It didn't go in but I swear time stopped, or that was my heart because it was almost a repeat of Monday nite. On the replay you actually got to see what really happened, the clock was at zero and although the shot was behind Osgood, it never went across the line and just out the other side. If there had been a couple seconds left on the clock and a Pittsburgh player on the right of Osgood, we might not be celebrating.

The parade will be in downtown Detroit tomorrow morning but I doubt I will go. I was downtown for the parade in '98 and I think I'm content with that experience.

Way to go Wings, great season and thanks for bringing some good news to Detroit for a change

Posted by mardenhill 6/05/2008 08:43:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment