Site Network: Home | About



Sharp Aquos BDHP20U 1080p Blu-Ray Disc Player

Now that Blu Ray has won the format battle, its time to start looking for a player. Besides Sony, Sharp and Panasonic make players and I expect many more manufacturers to join in over the next year. The big dilemma is how long do we wait before buying a player. I didn't expect the format war to be over so quickly so I was debating on purchasing a cheap upconverter. I am glad that I waited since I would be kicking myself for blowing $100 for nothing.

Unfortunately, Blu Ray players are still $400 + and it might not be until summer or even Xmas before prices drop. I found the Sharp Aquos on Amazon for $350 and it would match our tv. Part of me doesn't want to give Sony anymore money so I am leaning towards this player. As of now we don't have any Blu Ray dvds but the upconversion would be nice on some of our older ones.






Posted by mardenhill 2/23/2008 04:52:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment