Site Network: Home | About



My Book

If you are in the market for an External hard drive I recommend the Western Digital My Book series. They have revamped the drives from the 1st generation (which I have) to be slimmer with more hard drive capacity. This one is the My Book Home Ed 1 terabyte with triple interface USB2, Firewire and eSata. They offer a grey model called My Book Office Ed and its basically the same with just 1 connection being USB2. They throw in a ftp client service called MioNet which allows you to access your files from any computer but you need to keep your pc on at home 24/7. The final drive in the series is the My Book Studio Ed which is a silver/white drive to match your iMac and has a quad interface. Its formatted for the Mac but you can easily format for the pc or vice versa with the other drives. Basically if you are in the market for more space get whatever model Amazon or Buy.com has on sale. You can find the Office model for $260 and $280 for the other two on Amazon. I am thinking about one of these since I am running out of space on my hard drive.

Posted by mardenhill 2/12/2008 04:50:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment