Site Network: Home | About



Abundance Vineyards Abundantly Rich Red 2005

I don't believe I would have ever bought this bottle if it were not for a recommendation from Holiday Market. The label is quite boring and with a name Abundantly Rich Red, red table wine, I would have passed it over.

I had asked for a new red Zin and was given this one. Even though this is a blend, its one of Zinfandel and Carignane which led me to give it a try. At $15, its not a bad buy and one that I might try again.

Upon opening you have the rich berry flavors on the nose and upfront on the taste. There are plump and juicy cherries with a hint of oak and spice. The zin stands out and since you very seldom see Carignane on its own its hard to tell where this plays into the mix. The Carignane grape is used in many blends and is grown throughout the world. It is believed to have originated in Spain and made its way north into France. Throughout the 70s and 80s, California used this as the base for many jug and cheap wines which helped to squash any chances for higher end wines.

Since I had this in the basement for the last 24 hrs, its still pretty cool and the wine has yet to open. I am tasting a ton of fruit with little spice which I find disappointing but I know it exists so I am willing to keep this review positive. I will revisit this tomorrow to compare and I hope this wine holds up and provides me with the traits I am hoping for.

https://www.abundancevineyards.com/wines.html

Posted by mardenhill 1/27/2008 09:03:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment