Site Network: Home | About



Was Not Expecting This One

I had no idea that the B-52's were even working on a new cd, I just thought that they had accepted the annual summer tour schedule as the last remanants of the band. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining here, I love the B-52's and they put on some of the greatest live shows. There are very few bands that can keep you dancing, singing and acting like a complete idiot for the whole time they are on stage.

Yeah they did have their cheesefactor era with songs like "Roam" and "Good Stuff" but those are miniscule when compared to "Rock Lobster", "Channel Z", "Planet Claire", "Whammy", "Song For A Future Generation" etc. Back in ''83-'84 my friend Ashley had got a copy of a copy of Whammy and we would listen to it over and over. We were all a bunch of 10-12 year old skatepunks (well as punk as a suburban, middle class kid could be) and would listen to them along with the Dead Kennedys, Sex Pistols, Dead Milkmen, Circle Jerks, Ramones and the rest of the punk scene. I remember walking to school with my friend and telling him that the B-52's were awesome and that I would always like them no matter what. 23 years later I can say I am still a fan. Lets hope they don't wimp out and give us a mediocre record but I have a feeling that after 16 years they are ready to keep the party going.

Posted by mardenhill 12/19/2007 09:56:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment