Site Network: Home | About



Rilo Kiley In Detroit


I took the day off to do a bit of running around, I had to renew my license and get a new plate which is always a chore. I think I would rather go to the dentist than the Secretary of State (DMV) for you non Michigan folks. You grab your number and wait and wait and wait. Anyways on my way out I heard that Rilo Kiley was playing the Royal Oak Theatre tonight and that the River (radio station) was sponsoring a free acoustic show at Goodnight Gracies beforehand. I decided since I wasn't going to the show, I would check this out. After standing in line for about an hour which wasn't too bad since I ran into a friend from college, we were able to snag the front row which was against the bar and about 3 feet from the stage. We were told no flashes and being right in front I decided to obey the request. I took about 10 photos which came out ok but a bit underexposed and decided since the person next to me was using her flash I would do the same. I was able to get this photo before they finished.

They played 3 songs: Close Call, Dreamworld and Moneymaker which all sounded very good acoustic. I loved the fact that I had my own personal concert and the only thing I had to pay was a dollar in the parking meter.

Posted by mardenhill 9/17/2007 07:49:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment