Site Network: Home | About



Chateau Moncontour Vouvray

I will start it off with I didn't have a bottle from 1993 but one from the 2004 vintage, the website only had this photo for me to use. Either way, I love this wine, its amazing and its cheap. Chenin Blanc is the grape at hand and one of my favorites. Its a creamy white with lots of sweet fruit and minerals. You have pear, apricot and some green apple but its not crisp and dry like a Sauvignon Blanc. Its velvety texture covers your tongue and leaves a lingering sweetness that continues on for days. This type of wine is best served during the summer and with spicy foods since it balances out heat very easily. Next time you are out looking for something other than a Chard or Sauv Blanc, pick up a Vouvray or Chenin Blanc if not from France for something new.

http://www.moncontour.com/index.html

Posted by mardenhill 7/10/2007 08:53:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment