Site Network: Home | About



Brit Band You Had Forgotten Turns Digital Music Age Into Snarky Publicity Stunt


So, let's just pretend for a moment that you're British band Hard-Fi. I realize this might be difficult, as you're trying to remember if you've ever heard of Hard-Fi. Just imagine a less interesting version of the Arctic Monkeys (yeah, yeah, I know) and stick with me for a moment. You're readying a second album that no one in particular wants to hear. How can you get some media attention for a moment? What will it take to make the prestigious pages of the NME? Oh, here's one idea: make a big fuss about not having cover art!

http://idolator.com/
...................................

I didn't write this article but I wish I had. Its beauty lies in the jaded and cynical view of the band and their worthless music. I am not a fan of Hard Fi and would have never thought to write about them but when I came across this one it made me laugh. They are just another post punk, run of the mill brit rock band that blends in with the rest of the trash coming out of the UK the last few years. If you have never read idolator, you need to bookmark this site. It cuts thru the pretentious wankers and makes fun of anyone who gets in its way.

Posted by mardenhill 7/30/2007 10:48:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment