Site Network: Home | About



Allroy Saves


One of my buddies at work asked me if I had any Rollins Band which I said oh yeah but when I checked my hard drive I had none. Just tapes in the basement but no digital files. We got on the topic after discussing some other bands like The Dead Kennedys, Dead Milkmen and D.R.I. I now had a quest, I had to come up with the Rollins Band mp3s and I was stuck. I decided to do a quick search on eMusic and found what I needed. All the cds were there which surprised me since I was under the impression that they were recorded on a major label back in the 90s. While poking around I came across the Descendants, an LA punk band from the 80s. From there I found the link to All, the remnants of the Descendants. I was a big All fan back in highschool and had everything on tape. Checking my hard drive I only had one All cd so it was time to download once again. I grabbed Allroy Saves for now, I have to wait to grab the rest since I only have 33 downloads left and I need to get the Rollins Band tomorrow.

The crazy thing about it all, I woke up the other morning with the chorus of "Just Living" in my head but I had no idea what it was from. After discovering the All cds I remembered it was All I was singing. Now I have the song and can add it to my collection. One of the scariest concerts I went to was All while in highschool in the bowels of Detroit. It was not at the usual spots but some building in the middle of some crackridden neighborhood. We parked our cars in this fenced in lot with weeds taller than the fence itself. We saw the show and didn't really care about it til afterwards realizing that it was probably not the best decision we had made.

If you are craving some good old fashioned punk rock with melodies check out All over at eMusic.

http://www.emusic.com/artist/All-MP3-Download/10559386.html

Posted by mardenhill 7/19/2007 08:11:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment